Thursday, February 10, 2011

Home

You know the saying "the Grass is Greener on the other side"; well that seems to creep up in my life alot.  And to be quite honest, I have thought this from time to time.  But after many 'facings' I have come to the realization that the grass is the same color on all sides, it just depends on what day you view it.

Many think that my life is wonderful, and trust me, I am not complaining... it is... but it does have its downsides.  Today was one of them.

We (the boys and I) are so happy because Daddy is HOME!  after being gone 4 days, he is home for a couple, but already has his tickets and bags for his next trip in a few days. I know that 4 days doesn't sound like much, but think of it this way... once calculated...  Daddy will be gone 17 of the 28 days in February (and 8 of those days are Saturday and Sunday's). 

Especially to a 3 year old - 4 days without his Daddy, without his Kinects buddy, without his playmate is a LONG time!  There is only so much fun he can have with Mommie.

So today was so heart warming when Daddy arrived before the boys woke up.  Once they were awake they both kept 'inching' closer and closer to Daddy.  Granted... he was still working... and I did my best to keep them away but could you stay away from this cuteness?  I couldn't and can't

And we are off... Mission: to find DADDY....

Hello??  Anyone in there???

Peek-a-Boo I FOUND you....

Yep!  Look at this CUTENESS!!!  And if you could of heard the giggles...

Finally, Daddy was done for the day, so we went out.  Burgers on the town, nothing better than a burger date with Dad!  We all had a blast!



Still just makes my heart smile to see how happy my boys are; all three of them ;)  It is so nice to have Daddy home.

But the bittersweet to this 'Green Grass' was evening...  knowing that Daddy was home, the oldest MoNkEy did not want to go to sleep.  He was so scared that if he went to sleep that Daddy would be gone when he woke. (tear)  Finally ... 2 hours past his bedtime... he is asleep, next to his Daddy safe in our bed where he will stay tonight. 

So remember, when you see something that makes you think "I wish that was me... or I wish I had...."  Just remember that "The Grass is" NOT always "Greener on the otherside".  Each person no matter how rich or poor, no matter how old or young, where you live or what you do, has obstacles that they face everyday.  Just remember Everyone has problems :o)

This cycle that I blog about tonight is almost a weekly occurance in my house.  And it is hard.  I don't look forward to the day when it is both MoNkEyS.  It is heartaching to see your child hurt, and not be able to kiss it away or just put a band-aide on it to 'fix it'.  This is real pain and real heart ache that my lil' MoNkEy is feeling and tearful to watch.

But, all ends well... Daddy is home; home again.  And we are and will continue to make the most out of every minute that we get to spend with him.   We LOVE you Daddy!

This is the life of a wife to a wing-man...

Until next time, Squeeze your MoNkEyS tight!!!
Christina

PS.  No Monkey Business tonight....  Just know that the shop is still open :o)  And the coupon from last nights blog is still good - Happy shopping ...  Click Here:  Monkey Buisness

No comments:

Post a Comment