Monday, January 2, 2012

12.31.2011 New Year's Eve

Day 3

New Year's Eve, hospital style

The day started out with the normal... monitoring, which happens a minimum of twice aday.  It is always so reassuring to get to get this little one and know that he is ok, each morning and night.


Then I got a nice surprise, the egg crate for my bed was delivered - It truely is the SMALL things that make such a difference... especially when you entire day resides between 4 rather 'close' walls :o)
 But the afternoon turned magical.  My parents arrived with all kinds of goodies...  Including bedding and a rug for me to help the room feel more 'fun'.  All kinds of noise makers, party hats, goodies, decorations and treats so that I could celebrate NYE in 'style' when my boys came up.

Aren't the decorations fabulously fun!!


 

Then shortly after the afternoon came to an end, the most 3 handsome dates I could ask for arrived to help me ring in the New Year.

My NYE dates - BEST EVER
 The boys had such a great time, given the situation.  We played with the noise makers, colored, went to look at the fishes across the hall, and the piece de resistance... built and crashed things with duplo blocks. Here is a 'big' car that was built and then happily crashed into a wall breaking into tons of pieces :o)
Duplo crash car

After dinner, fun and play... even though it wasn't midnight we started to 'ring' in the new year...  We had such a good time, celebrating the NY.  - It was midnight somewhere ;)

NYE with my boys!

Happy NY from my family to yours
 Pop'd the 'bubbly' aka sparkling grape juice, which was a HUGE hit~
Poppin' the Bubbly
 Made some noise! With noise makers that were such a HUGE hit, and I gladly sent home with the boys so they could use them more - HA!

'cowbell' noise maker
noise makers


  

 








After all the celebrations were over, the babies were sleepy and I got to kiss and hold them tight one last time in 2011... Looking forward to the next time I could tuck them in, in 2012.

2011 was a beautiful year, full of many blessings, and I am looking forward to what is in store for 2012... with one blessing we will continue to patiently and annxiously await in this new year.

Until next time, squeeze your MoNkEyS tight,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment