Saturday, June 11, 2011

Crazy SPECIAL week

What a week this has been and it still is not over - WHOA!

Lots of firsts happening this week, all good but all making for one 'sappy' Momma.

As most of you know, I am a Mommie, to two WONDERFUL and HANDSOME boys :o)  And this week has been all about them!

First, my oldest started 'school' this week. 

First day of pre-school       2011.06.07

Being only 3, I was definitely not ready for him to go to school, but after he begged and plea'd, I finally broke down and enrolled him in a summer session. His first day was Tuesday, and it did not go as I would of expected it to.


First day of pre-school     2011.06.07

It went smoothly!!  From the wake up, to the drop off, to the pick up... ALL easy-peasie!  Which as you can tell from the picture of me and my boys taken prior to dropping him off...  I was definitely sappy, but prepared for a not so easy drop with no mascara.  But too much planning lead to not needing all the 'precautions'.

It was such a bitter-sweet day, and well I thought 9 - 2:30 wasn't a long time, but since I have always been with my #1, it seemed like ETERNITY until I got to pick him up.  But when I picked him up, there was a HUGE since of pride and joy in my heart!  My (oldest) baby, made it!! He completed his first day of school, without me!  WOW!  He sure is growing up way to fast, but I am enjoying every wonderful moment of his life!!!

Then came Day 2, which was Thursday.  His school is only 2 days a week.  ( he he he... this was all Mom could handle.... he he he).  Everything was going G*R*E*A*T... until my phone rang 1 1/2 hours before pick up.  Yep, you got it... it was the school calling.  Apparently my son had a tummy ache and he needed his Mommie.  Giggling inside, since deep down I was hoping in some way for this call, I quickly grabbed my keys and drove up to school to 'RESCUE' my baby.

It was so sad, when I got there he was in his classroom, in the aide's lap, rocking and sobbing!!!  OUCH - you talk about BREAKING Mommie's heart!!! Quickly, I scooped that sweet bean up in my arms for the best darn RESCUE ever!

Turns out, yes, his tummy did hurt ... and there was a R*E*A*L reason why he was hurting, which was soon after taken care of, but not until we cured the cry with a slushy and corndog from Sonic!

Even though I picked him up early from the '2nd' day, he was still so eager to tell me all the cool things that he did and learned that morning.

I think he is ready for the following weeks, whether lil' brother and I are. :o) **oh and lil' brother deeply missed his brother each day he was at school.  It was so cute; he would walk around the house looking for him **

Well, as you can imagine, that alone was a feat to tackle, emotionally for this Mommie...  But to make it even more crazy...

MY BABY IS TURNING ONE on Saturday!!!!!  Oh yes, the big O*N*E!!  Much to my disbelief that it has already been this long, I am in full party mode, for the party on Sunday, and trying my best to make sure he has the BEST first birthday week ever!

Happy FIRST Birthday to my lil Monkey!!!


More on the First Birthday for lil' brother coming soon...

Until next time, Squeeze your MoNkEyS tight (they grow up too fast)!
Christina

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Yea for you, Super Mommy! That might be an idea to make for rescues, a SM cape! jk

    ReplyDelete