Monday, February 27, 2012

Valentines 2012

Of course, with everything lately, holidays and such have to be 'tweeked' for our situation, and Valentines was no exception.

As I know that I am so behind on keeping my blog up to date, I thought I would cover Valentines as the total of the celebration instead of by the days that everything happened.  It was a great week and givien the constraints, I think it turned out fabulous.

First was the realization that my baby was going to have a Valentines party.  We just recently enrolled him in Preschool for the first time ever, so this of course if the first holiday party he had in a class room setting.  I was so excited for him.

I was able to make a Valentine card box for him, with limited resources, and he LOVED it.   I ended up not taking a final picture of the product but the picture below is pretty close.   All it took, was an empty shoe box, poster paint, a blush brush (its all I had to paint with), a glue stick, and left over birthday decorations:

Valentines Card Box in progress
The morning of his party, he was so excited.  My Mom had found Spiderman Valentines Cards that had pencils attached, that he loved and enjoyed sharing with his friends.  He was so proud of his Valentines Box, which just made me smile.  And he loved his personalized V-day shirt!!  I had ordered that early on, one for him and one for his brother :)

He so enjoyed it all, and had a blast at his party.  I was just sad that I could not be there to enjoy in the smiles, laughs and festivities... But I LOVED every moment of him telling me and reenacting all the fun he had.

Ready for his P A R T Y

At his first Valentines Party enjoying sweet snacks

Right before Valentines, my wonderful Mom came up to the hospital with a surprise.  She had baked plain cupcakes, and brought up all kinds of goodies.  We spent the entire afternoon decorating cupcakes and dipping strawberries in chocolate. 

It was a day full of giggles and crafting and it was FABULOUS! Plus, it was great to have the Valentines goodies in room for my boys when they came up.

a few of the many beautiful cupcakes we decorated

Yummy chocolate covered strawberries

VALENTINES DAY


Dressed and ready in my RED :)
30 weeks and 6 days

Gifts all ready for my Boys and Hubs

Gavin so excited to open his gift

Greyson prefered to walk around with his gift ;)
He did eventually open it - Ha!

Gavin showing off his goodies

Daddy got a new shirt
Looks like he approves :)  can't wait to see how handsome he looks in it

My boys picked out the most beautiful necklace for me for Valentines Day
I am one LUCKY girl!

Kisses from my Gavin

Me and my boys!
Oh how I LOVE them SO MUCH

My beautiful family
I am so BLESSED!

Greyson
Valentines 2012

Beautiful flowers my boys picked out for me for Valentines Day
They make my room smell so good and they are beautiful to look at!

Valentines Day this year was so special.  And my parents went above and beyond to make sure that I could give my boys something speical for Valentines, they also treated me like a princess with my new outfit and lots of love and activities...

But the icing on the cake was getting to spend the evening having dinner with my boys and exchanging the little gifts that lite up their faces with happiness.  So warmed my heart.

Until next time, Squeeze your MoNkEyS tight!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment